· Responsible for both small signal and large signal circuit design and simulation of wireless transceiver front end blocks such as up/down converter, Low Noise amplifier, Buffer amplifier, Filter, Antenna Switches, Bandgap, Buck-boost circuitry, and other test circuits.
· Will perform hands-on circuit design, modeling, and verification in either CMOS or SOI or SiGe HBT process. Responsible for corner, PVT, and Monte Carlo simulation. Also participate in layout, DRC/LVS, and post-layout optimizations.
· Will perform electro-magnetic (EM) modeling of circuits and block level and beyond including packaging and PCB.
· As member of RF IC design team, will work with other design engineers to optimize critical performances such as closed loop phase noise, LNA and transceiver chain NF and linearity, power amplifier PAE/ACPR/EVM.
· Lead/Participate in evaluating, measuring, and debugging silicon until it reaches high volume production.
Required Technical Skills:
· Must have thorough knowledge of semiconductor process such as CMOS, SOI, BiCMOS, knowledge of III-V technologies is a plus.
· Must have proven design experience in CMOS analog/RFIC blocks above 1GHz.
· Must be proficient with EDA tools – ADS, Momentum, HFSS, AWR, Cadence Spectre/SpectreRF/GoldenGate under PC/Linux/Unix.
· Solid understanding/knowledge of RF Power Amplifiers and modulation schemes such as WLAN/WCDMA/4G/5G, cellular. Other RF/Wireless systems (Bluetooth/BLE, ZigBee/Thread, IoT, radio, radar etc.) knowledge is a plus.
· Direct product development experience (chip level and RF system level) through product definition to mass production is a plus.
· Solid fundamentals on high-speed/high-bandwidth op-amp, band-gap, Bias, LDO, prior design experience with PA, LNA, buck-boost converters, filter is a plus.
· SiGe/CMOS mm-Wave IC Design and layout experiences is a plus.
· PCB tools (OrCAD, Power PCB, PADS etc.), firmware/software knowledge is a plus.
· Antenna design/test experience is a big plus.
Experience and Education:
· MSEE thesis/PhD dissertation on Multi-GHz CMOS/SOI/BiCMOS wireless transceiver circuit blocks or front-end module including integrated antenna are preferred.
· RFIC Design: MSEE 1+ year industry experience, Sr. RFIC Design: MSEE and 5+ years of industry experience, fresh PhD is welcome to apply.
· Team player with a solid communication skill.