Infrastructure (Dev/Ops) Engineer
As an infrastructure engineer at Company you will be working to support the experiments and systems that are the state-of-the-art in AI forward. This will involve building the clusters and systems that run these large scale experiments, utilizing AWS to optimize performance and convenience. You will be working with the latest in configuration management and HPC to help solve one of toughest problems in technology today.
As part of our team, you will…
· Use the latest cloud technologies to build dynamic HPC clusters.
· Build out new infrastructure to support Research efforts.
· Create tools for launching and tracking clusters and jobs.
· Optimize performance of research cluster and other systems.
· Build and debug rendering pipelines.
· Keep yourself up to date with the latest technologies.
· Assist with maintaining the office infrastructure where needed.
Desired skills and experience
· Preferred Masters or BS in CS/EE or a related discipline. We also consider exceptional applicants with other backgrounds.
· Extensive programming skills, ideally in Python and C, and a track record of translating ideas into prototypes quickly.
· Experience with configuration management systems such as Puppet or Chef.
· Experience developing large scale systems on AWS or other cloud providers.
· Solid experience with continious integration systems such as Jenkins.
· Personal projects, especially when open source, are always a plus.
Desired personal qualities
· Ability to admit when wrong
· Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
· Patience with others
· Described by others as the best researcher / engineer / thinker they know
· Intellectual breadth
· Sense of humor
· Work on the most important problems in the field with a team who will challenge and support you.
· Extremely generous salary and equity compensation.
· Health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as short and long term disability. We pay 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums.
· Healthy, organic breakfast and lunch every day, customized to your diet preferences.
· Get to work easily! Our office is 60 seconds from BART and public transportation, and adjacent to a beautiful park.
· We do something fun and active as a team every week, like soccer, volleyball, badminton, or frisbee!
· Certified personal trainer who will design an exercise program that suits your fitness level and help you meet your goals.
· Company wireless plan. Never pay a mobile phone bill again.
· Executive and life coaching for everyone. Select between different coaches, depending on what types of skills you want to develop.
· Once a year, we take the entire company (including +1s and kids) on a weeklong vacation to Hawaii. Yes, it’s as awesome as it sounds.
· We have flexible hours and a family-friendly culture. Building the first intelligent machines is our life’s work, and we emphasize sustainability over crunch. Our board member and investor Dustin Moskovitz recentlywrote an article that captures how we relate to our work.