Website MoTek Technologies
Senior Software Engineer – Platform Engineering
We use machine learning and natural language processing, along with a healthy dose of secret sauce, to automate the analysis of very large data sets. Our software crunches through the data to help our customers understand the world around them — whether it is a stock they are tracking or an emerging geo-political event in a far flung part of the world. Our customers include analysts at some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be a key member of the Platform Engineering team and will very quickly take the lead on a key piece of functionality. You will partner with Product Managers, Machine Learning Engineers, and Platform Engineers to help realize the practical requirements around both hosted and on-prem deployments for our clients individual needs. You will be part of a team that develops the core infrastructure around how our algorithms and technology serve our clients to handle their information assurance needs.
As part of the team, you will be expected to perform the normal balancing act of production-quality generalization with customized implementations common to all companies of our small-yet-growing size. While working directly on externally facing projects with specific customers and developing novel infrastructure for longer term goals, you will also be making improvements across the entire stack of technologies with other members of the team, helping to establish best practices, enhance our frameworks, and improve test coverage for the entire platform overall.
· A distributed computation engine capable of handling ad hoc analysis requests while self-scaling to accommodate varying loads.
· A data ingestion pipeline that can receive, analyze, and annotate >10M documents/day.
· A solid testing infrastructure for validating both the computational and interactive components of our products repeatedly and reliably.
· An experimental platform for quantifying ML and NLP algorithms across changes in platform, libraries, and techniques
· Packaged delivery and deployment of customized microservice architectures to clients with specialized hosting needs.
What You’ll Do
· Development of APIs and infrastructure that can be used for our web-based offerings, built using React and Flask (for now!).
· Proactively engaging with product managers and other engineers to establish understanding and requirements for future tools and technologies.
· Deploying and maintaining a number of products across a variety of our platforms used by our growing customer base in the real world.
· Technical advisement through regular code reviews, tech talks, and evangelism.
What We Offer
· Rapidly growing company, with opportunities for growth into leadership roles.
· Smart, engaged co-workers who are at the top of their game.
· Honest and open environment for exchange of ideas.
· Real deadlines from real customers with global name recognition.
· Product culture of user experience quality over feature quantity.
· Proactive learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, tech talks, and brown bag lunches.
· Twice weekly catered lunches.
· Team outings and bi-weekly company happy hours.
· One-of-a-kind LEGO art gallery
· Fun, puzzle-loving office in the SF Financial District.
What You Have
· Comfort with advanced mathematics, via either at least a B.S. in a STEM degree or another proven track record of number crunching in your past.
· Experience with the development and long-term maintenance of at least two major technical endeavors, and the ability to talk about both.
· Proficiency with Python as a minimum bar, with the expectation of gaining mastery.
· Testing at the unit and integration level in a regression testing framework.
· Deep knowledge covering technology, design patterns, and implementation of systems in at least one of the following areas: Web/mobile UIs and APIs in any language or framework – Distributed systems, both for computation and data storage – Profiling, testing, and validation of distributed and numerical systems.
· Numerical methods and/or machine learning experience.
· Hands-on DevOps experience with organization-level cloud infrastructure.
· Elasticsearch experience, especially as applied to information retrieval and search relevance.
· Foreign language proficiency / fluency.
Please send your resume to email@example.com