· Design and build core components of a first-of-its-kind data analytic application for maintenance and operations teams within asset intensive businesses.
· Grow your own skills and capabilities, surrounded by like-minded, crazy-smart, passionate creators focused on building best-in-class products for a huge, woefully underserved market.
· Create products from the ground up. From idea inception through design to detailed completion, all of your work will be on the critical path for the team and the business.
· Drive development of end-to-end data management solutions that span ad-hoc, batch and stream data processing at scale.
· 5+ years of previous work experience and B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or related field
· Sound fundamentals and commitment to quality (read: not this guy https://twitter.com/hipsterhacker )
· Experience with Machine Learning, algorithm analysis, and data modeling
· Experience with Scala and/or Java and JVM internals
· Knowledge of distributed data systems such as Hadoop, Spark, HBase, Kafka et. al.
· Experience with AWS services such as EC2, S3 et. al.
Our office is in the heart of SoMa in San Francisco, with easy commute access (bike lanes, easy parking, MUNI, Bart), great coffee and eats. We provide competitive compensation including the kind of equity grant you can only get in an early stage company along with big-company benefits (100% paid medical, dental, vision, life, etc.). We can help with relocation and are open to H1-B transfers. We are venture-backed from some of the best names in early stage capital.