Website MoTek Technologies
MoTek is seeking a Head of DevOps to architect our infrastructure so we can build, rebuild, configure and scale in real time. This is a hands-on position, which will transform the way we configure deploy and scale our servers and applications. You will have the opportunity to build your own team and assist our ambitious group to where we rightfully belong.
What You’ll Do
• Work with the CTO to plan the prioritized roadmap of DevOps and Infrastructure projects
• Develop strategies to create better collaboration between developers, testers, project managers, and users
• Build and manage out a DevOps team to maximize communication, cross-functional representation, autonomy and accountability
• Help create cross-functional teams that work cohesively to deliver capabilities to end-user with Agile development methods and automated practices
• Drive implementation of a number of other tools, platforms, practices, and processes
What You’ll Bring
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field.
• 5+ years of hands on experience as an individual contributor in a system admin/engineer or DevOps role working on highly scalable distributed systems
• Extensive experience with a major orchestration technology (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
• Extensive experience of Linux administration, configuration, and in-depth trouble shooting.
• Experience using AWS technologies such as EC2, RDS, Cloudwatch under production workloads.
• Strong programming ability in at least one scripting or shell language, such as Python, Ruby, etc.
What You’ll Get
• Beautifully Designed Collaborative Space in SOMA – San Francisco
• Competitive Equity and Salary Packages
• Full Coverage Health + Dental Insurance
• Open Time Off